Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Pointing out the obvious

This is quite the Week From Hades, Gentle Reader.

We lost power across several counties last night, and among many tragedies, including eating in a strange place in the dark, our DVR did not record Gilmore Girls. I had a massive deadline today, papers are waiting to be graded, books are waiting to be edited, and there *is* that pesky dissertation.

All of *this* to say that I am Quite Behind In My Pop Culture, as I have not read comics, watched much television, or even ventured places other than campus or home, which is in desperate need of a good housecleaning.

Therefore, patience, please, Friends, as I get caught up on Heroes, on books, on life. To pass the time--and because teachers never escape the classroom and that need to instruct and introduce--I leave you with a few things to admire:

Project Rooftop has a gorgeous reimagining of the original Teen Titans.

I found the smart, funny, charming, witty, and beautifully drawn webcomic Platinum Grit recently, and thought I'd share with you if you hadn't already seen it.

Megs over at Webcomics Are From Uranus! has some very interesting things to say about the reactions to the how-to-draw-like-Marvel guidebook making its rounds on the blog circuit.

3 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Fanboy said...

Mine has turned out to be the week from hell as well. Emergency Dental Work: $850 after insurance. Car Problems: Dropped it off yesterday, won't have it until Wed. and it will cost $420. My kitchen sink has been clogged since Tues. and I still wait for the repairman. Any my boss is insane, but that's a given. Is there something in the water that is damning us?

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Amy Reads said...

Hi Mr. Fanboy,
Oh my goodness! I send you happy thoughts for a better week this week.

Is there something in the water that is damning us?

Or the air... or television waves... or lettuce and spinach, apparently. One can never be quite sure.

Ciao,
Amy

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Fanboy said...

I think it's the communists. They're to blame. Oh wait, that was so the 80s. It was the terrorists. They are now to blame. But wait, now there's North Korea testing nuclear weapons. Does that mean we're back to communists again? I am so confused.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home