Saturday, October 28, 2006

Happy (early) Halloween!

Gentle Reader, I've been rather lax in my duties as a blogger. I have not reviewed this week's Heroes, although I watched it, on time. I have not reviewed this week's 52, although I read it, Thursday, and I do have things to say. I have not read any other comics, however, even though there is new Daredevil, and Action Comics, and Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane. Why, you ask? Well, Friends, it's quite simple.

The Reads Household is holding a Halloween Party this evening.

What time was not eaten up with personal and professional obligations this week was directed towards the cleaning, and the shopping, and the decorating, and the cleaning parts of party-planning. Yes, Friends, cleaning happened several times, and is Still Happening, as we have a pup, and it's been rainy and muddy, and cleaning is just not an activity loved by the Family Reads.

But I use this time to wish you, albeit early, Happy Halloween, and I hope that you enjoy this holiday as much as We Reads do. Pup Reads Herself has a special message for you, Dear Readers. She asks, quite simply, if you have a home to which she can escape the horror and travesty of the Halloween Season, as her Despicable Owners Made Her Suffer Last Halloween:



And are still making her suffer This Halloween:



She wishes me to tell you that if you see her walking down the street, please, for the love of all that is Canine and Pure, remove the tiara from her head, because it pins back her ears.

May your Halloween be candy-filled and fun, and your puppies less stricken by shame!

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Fanboy said...

Poor Pup Reads.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Amy Reads said...

Hi Mr. Fanboy,
Poor Pup Reads.

We are the cruelest of dog owners. It's true. She has food and shelter but the psychological scarring is vast and deep.
Very, very deep.
It's a shame that we can't find the DC costume to pay homage to her name. The collar's as close as we can get...
Ciao,
Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home