Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Means Delurking Week!

Good morning, Gentle Reader, and Happy Thanksgiving! It's rather quiet in the Reads Household at the moment, given the early hour, and I wanted to spend a few moments with you. It is, apparently, Delurking Week in the Blogosphere, and I will now prove Parents Reads' Worst Fears by jumping on the bandwagon (or, as they always warned, jumping off the Mississippi Bridge), by doing What Everyone Else Is Doing.

So, Friends, who are you? Are you out there? Who in the audience has not spoken up until now? Come, come, we're all friends here. Wave your hand (hopefully with turkey leg held high) and declare your presence!

But only if you wish. I will not force you, Dear Reader, to surrender to peer pressure! Parents Reads taught me That Much, at least!

But in all seriousness, please enjoy Thanksgiving, and if you are traveling, please travel safely. Also, for the sake of the loved ones, do not eat and drive. Driving while on a Thanksgiving Full Stomach is Quite The Feat Indeed! Mr. Reads and I are joining Harrogate, Supadiscomama, their gorgeous son, and Supa's mother for a wonderful feast: maple-roasted turkey breasts from Tyler Florence's recipe, Mother Reads' recipe for amazing creamed potatoes, Supa's delicious macaroni and cheese, corn, salad, rolls, and apple pie, and Sandra Lee's chocolate buttermilk pie.

Tune in tomorrow, Gentle Reader, because I have a post in the works on the new (yes, new!!) issue of Wonder Woman, which This Humble Author didn't even know was coming out, *that's* how long it's been!

Until then, adieu, and may your pumpkins be pies and your turkeys moist and delicious!

5 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Amy Reads said...

Hi Loren,
Huzzah, and Happy Thanksgiving to you! I adore you, as you well know, and am very happy to have found *you*. Thanks for the fabulous work you do for diversity in comic books!
Off to shop, and off to finish my post on shopping and... Wonder Woman?? Ah, the Mind Does Boggle!
Ciao,
Amy

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger 100LittleDolls said...

I hardly ever comment, but I'm always reading.

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Fanboy said...

Happy T-Day to you and Mr. Reads as well Amy. I am Aaron from Mister Fanboy (of course, you already knew that). I am generally loathe to give out my super-secret identity, but since all of my archenemies are currently in another dimension, I thought I would take the chance.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Amy Reads said...

Hi 100,
Thanks for delurking! I adore your blog :)
Happy (post-)Thanksgiving!
Ciao,
Amy

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Amy Reads said...

Hi Mr. Fanboy,
Thanks for risking the archenemies for me! :) First Dazzler, then this? I don't know if I can ever live up to it ;)
Ciao,
Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home