Thursday, December 14, 2006

Holy Belated Postings, Batgirl!

Gentle Reader, I know it's been a while since I've posted, but that doesn't mean that I've forgotten you. Nor have I forgotten the recent issues of Batman, White Tiger, Manhunter, and everything else I need to read and/or review. Nor have I forgotten that today is My Thirtieth Birthday, although to be quite honest, I maybe should. I came down with the consumption earlier this week, or perhaps the plague. We're not quite sure. Whatever it was, it warranted an overnight hospital stay (!) complete with IVs (!!!), and now, Poor Mr. Reads has succumbed to the same (!!!!!), but, thank goodness, to a much lesser degree.

So all's quiet in Household Reads on this, my second 29th birthday, but that doesn't mean I didn't get shinies.



There are more shinies ordered, according to Mr. Reads, in the form of Elseworlds Wonder Woman and Infinite Crisis Wonder Woman, to go, of course, with the burgeoning Reads' Wonder Woman Collection:


So plague, hospital visit, birthday, finals, dissertation, and Sickly Spouse all equal Belated Postings Indeed, but I hope, by offering photos, and reminding you, Dear Reader, constantly, of Today's Celebration Of My Birth, you will excuse my Bad Blogging.

In the meantime, I, too, have jumped on the bandwagon. Please, Friends, feel free to friend me!

16 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Revena said...

Happy Birthday!

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Sorry you've been sick. I love the WW collection.

Happy Birthday!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Fanboy said...

Happy Birthday. Good luck on that dissertation. If you can survive the holidays you can relax ... but wait! Isn't that trip coming up?

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Dr. Peters said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't know you were in the hospital! I was thinking you had a bad cold or something. Where have I been? I hope that you don't have to return with Mr. Reads.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Matthew E said...

Happy birthday. My sister also turned 30 in the last couple of weeks, and she assures me that 30 is the new 20.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Ragtime said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

And happy birthday, kid!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Ragtime said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

And happy birthday, kid!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger 100LittleDolls said...

Yay for December birthdays!

Happy birthday.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Amy Reads said...

Hi Robyn,
Thanks for the birthday wishes!
Ciao,
Amy

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Amy Reads said...

Hi Shelly,
Sorry you've been sick. I love the WW collection.

Thanks for the well wishes and for the WW collection love! I've been at it for about, oh, five years now, and slowly but surely it's building. I've other WW accoutrements as well, but those are in use rather than on display :)
Ciao,
Amy

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Amy Reads said...

Hi Mr. Fanboy,
Happy Birthday. Good luck on that dissertation. If you can survive the holidays you can relax ... but wait! Isn't that trip coming up?

It is! We're very excited. Now I just need to get everything ready...
Ciao,
Amy, ever the Nervous Nelly!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Amy Reads said...

Hi Sarah,
Oh my gosh! I didn't know you were in the hospital! I was thinking you had a bad cold or something. Where have I been? I hope that you don't have to return with Mr. Reads.

You've been super-busy, as we all have! But Mr. Reads and I were thankfully both well enough to attend your festivities last night!
:)
Ciao,
Amy

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Amy Reads said...

Hi Matthew,
Happy birthday. My sister also turned 30 in the last couple of weeks, and she assures me that 30 is the new 20.

Thanks! And tell your sister I'm taking her to heart. 30 will definitely be the new 20 here!
And, well, I'm in school, just like I was at 20, so there we go...
;)
Ciao,
Amy

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Amy Reads said...

Hi Ragtime,
Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

And happy birthday, kid!


Me, too! And thanks! Sorry you got attacked by D*sney in my absence :)
Ciao,
Amy

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Amy Reads said...

Hi 100,
Yay for December birthdays!

Happy birthday.


Huzzah! Are you a December bebe as well?
Happy birthday to December bebes!
Ciao,
Amy

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger 100LittleDolls said...

Yes, December 30th to be exact. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home